Sunday, November 08, 2015

Gratitude Days 4, 5, 6 and 7: Running, Braces, Hiking and Healthy Active Kids


Here are my gratitude posts for the last few days (from Instagram). It's been so great looking for the positive in my life and celebrating it daily. There are plenty of not-so-good things I could dwell on. But celebrating all my blessings makes me a much happier - and nicer person!

Day 4: Beautiful runs exercising body and mind (and my current favorite podcasts - This American Life, Invisibilia, and Radio Lab)













Day 5: Orthadontics (Isaac's done and Eliza and Silas have an appointment this coming week to decide when they'll get started - ortho appointments are going to be part of our lives for quite some time. But how grateful we are that orthadontics exist! Isaac could barely close his mouth back when he started. So far 100% of the my siblings, my kids, and all their cousins have had the big "Eyre teeth" come in when they get their permanent teeth - and often those big big teeth cause some crazy crowding and serious overbites. So braces are something all Eyres are grateful for!)



Day 6: Hiking (and the first snow! we hiked through gorgeous swirling snowflakes this week.)





Day 7: Healthy Active Kids


























I have to admit that I've complained about the huge amount of driving kids around and going to kids' sporting events that has been such a large part of our lives this fall. But I'm so grateful that they want to be involved in great things that keep them active, help them form good friendships, and teach them so many important things. At Isaac's first swim meet on Friday afternoon, Jared, Ashton, Eliza and I got a crash course in how swim meets work (this was the very first swim meet any of us had ever attended) as we got roped into being timers. For almost FIVE HOURS, we carefully timed event after event in the lanes we were each assigned and we learned a ton while supporting Isaac and the team. Not only are the kids who are participating in each sport learning and growing and making new friends - so is the rest of the family as we support them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails