Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spokane Retreat

What a great Retreat we had!


SUCH an excellent group of women. I learned so much from everyone I had the privilege to talk with. And it was so much fun presenting with my dear cousin, Taunie Reynolds.

One thing I resolved to do at the Retreat was to come home and do the "Love Languages Test" with each of the kids. At the Retreat, we talked about how important it is to set up an environment in your home where your kids are more likely to WANT to behave. We talked about really listening to our kids more, giving them lots of praise for the good stuff they do, and minimizing the criticizing (I talked about this a bit in my post about the Idaho Falls Retreat here - and developed a new mantra). And one essential ingredient in helping our kids get the attention they need and really feel loved is understanding what their love language is. I've been meaning to do this forever, but with my Retreat resolve in hand, we talked about Love Languages last night at Family Home Evening and the kids got really excited about taking this little Love Languages Test. Being more in tune with the different ways we give and hope to receive love will really help the environment in our home I think.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dont' know where this came from but it looks terrific!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails