Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Scripture Challenge Weeks 21 and 22: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! So yep, I'm a bit behind on my scripture posts. I have been reading, albeit not as deeply as I should. I've read some great stuff in Alma that has brought me peace when I've needed it and have found some new favorite passages that have answered specific personal needs at key moments. I've also been taking better notes in church on Sundays as I've prayerfully sought out the messages God would have me hear through the words people say in lessons or talks or the thoughts that come to mind as I open my mind and look for answers and reminder.

The past two weeks, the kids have worked on memorizing this scripture and we've all sung it on the way to school each morning (see the video below for the song). I thought this scripture and video was the perfect quick thing to share for Christmas. To understand why I love this scripture so much, read my sister Shawni's blog post here about how we sang the entire Messiah together in high school and check out the video below that puts this scripture to music.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Oh how wonderful He is! What a counselor! (when I ask for help and listen to the answers) How mighty He is! How much peace he offers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails