Monday, August 20, 2012

Scripture Challenge - Week 3

So I'm a day late on my scripture report. I was running the Grand Teton Relay all weekend (literally all weekend - over 30 hours of running or supporting the other runners on our 12-person team - photos and more info later...). Then we had church in Ashton, quick pack-up and family dinner at Jared's mom's house, drove home, went straight to a neighborhood back-to-school potluck last night, rushed to get the kids to bed and the uniforms laid out and the backpacks and lunches packed since they started school this morning (more on that later too) and then fell into bed for a night that felt too short even though we had almost 8 hours to sleep...Despite my resolutions to slow down, some days are still going to have to be crazy. I can minimize but I can't totally get rid of busy days where things fit together like a sloppily done jigsaw puzzle.

Anyway, I read Mosiah 6-9 this week and here's what really stood out to me:

Mosiah 7:29: Lift up your heads and rejoice and put your trust in God. 7:33: But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart and put your trust in him and serve him with all diligence of mind, if you do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

I need to focus more on really turning to the Lord, asking myself daily what I can do to serve Him best, and trusting that His way is the best way. I need to more fully realize that I'm not in charge, that He has a plan, and that His plan, although it sometimes seems convoluted when I can't see the bigger picture and times are tough, is really the best plan. He has always delivered me from my burdens. Not usually quickly. Not usually in a manner that I hope for or expect. But according to God's wise will, I am delivered at the right time in the right way. And when I plow through the hard stuff with trust and obedience and all the rejoicing I can muster up, it's not easy but it's sure a lot more pleasant than wallowing in the hard stuff and wishing things were different and bemoaning the way things are.

Rejoice and trust. Two commandments I need to more fully embrace.



1 comment:

CathyMA said...

Wow! This last paragraph is powerful and what I aim to do when things are hard. It's good to have someone articulate what you are thinking and trying to do.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to having found you and your extended family's blogs. They are a joy to read, and so full of positivity. I take away from them every day.

Thank You!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails