Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love Languages

Silas and Isaac are my huggers.  I can count on them for like 100 sweet hugs a day.   Eliza's my gift-giver.  She regularly presents me with beautiful drawings, kind notes and beautifully wrapped presents containing different things she found around the house and thought I'd like.  Oliver tells me "I love you" all the time.  But Ashton's never been very demonstrative with his love.  He stiffens up when I hug him.  He doesn't complain a bit if I forget a goodnight kiss.  He's never been a note-writer or a gift-giver.  And he's not one to initiate an "I love you."

But I guess Ashton's found his "love language" - it's electronic.  He'll write me the occasional email telling me that he loves me.  And that post he must have put up before he left for school today - total heart-melter.

It's nice to be loved.  Very nice.

3 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

r2-d2

Sara Jensen said...

so sweet! I found your blog linked on the Power of Moms. I'm one of the Keller girls. Our parents are friends and we get their lovely thanksgiving cards. So fun to see your gorgeous family! -Sara (Keller) Jensen

Linda said...

Love this discovery. Josh was the same way only we weren't quite so computer savvy (he was, we just weren't). I LOVE Ashton!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails